Pineapple Island - Home of the Purple Penguins

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Fall at Your Feet

I feel really taken advantage of. I try really hard to be a good friend, In fact, thats probably my primary aim.

So when I call some people and I ask, if our plans are still on, they say yeah, and then two hours later they show up at my work saying that because they are going SNowboarding the next day, we should postpone it. WHich is fine, (even though I wish I was asked to go too, but thats totally different, my issues, not theirs) but I planned my week around that, when people asked when I was free, I didnt say saturday. But still, c'est la vie. AND THEN to add insult to injury, Today I left work at 3:30 - So I could take the bus home by 5:30 so I could HAng out with Goeff. SO I showered, and made dinner, rush rush rush, and 5:45 rolls by, 6:00, 6:15, 6:30. Fucker, I was so mad. I called, and he was like, "yeah sorry, I forgot, and now I have band practice, blah blah blah"... God, I'm so frustrated. I seems like I don't matter to any of them half as much as they matter to me.

ANother issue, when I started to think about that, I realized, I still dont have my christmas present from dan. I mean, I would like a note, scribbled on lined paper, " I think you're neat, merry christmas, heres a song I wrote, luv, Dan" I'm not asking for much, Just a "hey I awknowledge people other then my girlfriend" would be cool. I mean, I guess I'm exaggerating, cuz I've talked to him at least twice on MSN since I got home, and once, (wonder of wonders) he called me :P

ANyways. I just love my people so much, I get cought up in their shit too easily. My bad... That, and Work is literally the MOST boring thing I've ever done. unpacking shoes for 8 hours a day? least stimulating thing I've ever done. The most exciting part of my day is when my phone (on vibrate) rings :P

2 Comments:

  • hey mel..
    i've been in your situation.
    with the dance girls.

    it sucks. a lot.
    i'm sorry to hear that you're going thru the same thing...the invitations being later withdrawn, not showing up, cancelling plans, lame excuses for whatever.

    anyways, me and elina were talking about you the other night, and trust came up.
    we both said that we thoroughly trusted you, and that you were a really awesome person, altogether. now, fully trusting you is a huge thing for me...because i don't trust that many people.
    anyways, i think you're awesome mel, and don't deserve the treatment you've been getting.
    hope things start working out better.

    By Blogger Laura, at February 06, 2006 10:58 AM  

  • Mel, I am sorry you're feeling badly. I know it's not much comfort, but I also am feeling badly. I promise we can do something in the next couple weeks, and it will be set in stone! Absolutely immutable! We can shrink each other out, adn maybe feel better at the end of all of it. I'll give you a call (stn-ones! hey, I remembered it from memory!)

    By Blogger VivaLaPinto, at February 09, 2006 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home