Pineapple Island - Home of the Purple Penguins

Friday, May 19, 2006

California Part 2

So we left our heros in The Lair (Otherwise known as the San Bernadino Bus station). hah, we got on the bus there at 9:00, and slept right through Palm Springs. Because the bus driver is the stupidest person EVER he figured that because people were sleeping, he would announce the stations really quitly so nobody would wake up. we need to wake up to get off the bus! so shane and I are waking up just as we pull into the Indio Bus station thank gad, and so we drag ourselves off the bus in that awful half-sleeping daze. It was so hot, even at night we were really REALLY warm. We have walked a couple of blocks before we stopped and realize were in a strange city with NO IDEA where we're going or where we're even staying. We looked around for a dennys and only saw scary dark allys and Bail Bond Shops. At least 4 of them, I swear. so we see the first guy like 15 minutes after we get off the bus, and hes all big and mean looking and scary. SO crazy that I am I go up to him and ask "Excuse me, Do you know if theres a Denny's or any other 24 hour place around here?" he just grunted and pointed:S it was scary. but we walked untill we couldnt walk any more and then we saw the GOLDEN DENNYS SIGN!!!!

We went into this restaurant and sat down with all our stuff, order an omlette and start chatting with the waitresses about coachella. shes really friendly and after awhile shes like well, I'm off in 15 minutes, do you guys want a ride to the festival area?and we were totally stoked and said yeah for sure, so she drove us what would have taken at least and hour with all our stuff. she dropped us off where we asked nearest to the lights. so we sat down there for a bit and saw a security guard in a big open, empty field so we asked if we could camp there. Of course, he said no, even when I was like we just have a little tent and we'll set up in the VERRRRY back.... it was still no. but he told us we could walk to the security tent on the other side and they would tell us where to camp. SO we walked. forever. like at least 50 minutes, int he HOT night with 70 pounds of stuff on my back. SO we met this REALLY crazy security guard woman, and she was swearing her little hispanic head off about her boss. And she said that we could stay on the side of the road. so thats what we did. we walked a little bit further up the road, and then set up Camp. there are pistures. In the morning (and I mean morning, like 5:30) SHane woke me up and after he went to ask for directions we headed off, back the way we came. So we walk, It hot by now, and we walk and we walk and this is all familiar, and my feet are slipping in the sand, and ITS HOT did I mention it was hot? and then we have been going for about an hour and Shane says.... "I think we went the wrong way" So I picked a Lemon off the tree, and smelled it at every break we took (One every 15 minutes or so, it was hot ok?!) and we were all the way back to where we spent the night and we faound the same security lady and we told her what happened and she got a little golf cart to come and pick us up and drive us there! (to the entrance of the campground) it was awesome, sitting, while ground moved below me. I'm so not cut out for the Army. I'd die during basic training. Either that or they'd realize I'm opposed to fighting for your country, and kick me out anyways :P

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home