Pineapple Island - Home of the Purple Penguins

Thursday, March 10, 2005

CCPA auditions.

Okay, I'm doing contrasting monologues:
- Woman from Laughing wild (the tuna fish monolgue) but its slightly too long, I may have to cut it
- Gertrude McFuzz from Seussical the Musical (The bird who is sad because she only has one tail feather) I don't want to be forgotten, and if I have to be remembered as "the girl who did the Dr. Seuss monologue" than thats how it'll be

And a song:
"Somewhere thats Green" from Little Shop of Horrors but sung up half an octave to make it sound GRRRRREAT!

I'm really worried about it though! I'm going down with Laura and her mom on Saturday night and the dance audition is at noon-thirty. I'm making my Theatre Resume now though, so I'll hopefull post again soon. Wish me luck!!!

4 Comments:

  • Sounds like sumthing that would produce mass ammounts of nervousness! - for me it would anyways! I hope u completely own!

    By Blogger Unknown, at March 11, 2005 12:36 AM  

  • I know what you mean about raising songs to make them sound better... even if it's a song I know, here in Taiwan it's always down in some stupid key for guys and I am like "it sounds bad no matter which octave I sing it in, but I don't know how to change the key settings.

    good luck

    By Blogger K, at March 13, 2005 1:22 AM  

  • Hey Mel! Your momma subbed my class today and told me all about your dress, it sounds awesome :)

    By Blogger barbara_mary, at March 15, 2005 2:33 PM  

  • boring! You should post again, as I know you are alive because I SAW you yesterday! for shame.

    By Blogger VivaLaPinto, at April 15, 2005 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home