Pineapple Island - Home of the Purple Penguins

Monday, January 10, 2005

I never have quite so much time to sleep as I do when I am sick. I wonder if thats why I get sick...... lack of sleep? I've slept over 20 hours in the past day an a half. but I missed two days of work and a day of school so thats kinda crappy. But Sarah got a blog, and Dan got a blog so I never actually have to talk to my friends again!!! :p Daytime TV is so crappy it isn't even funny, theres like Star Trek and Drew Carey. It makes me so sad that I read and fall asleep and wake up to watch TV again! But I'm reading a great book so thats cool.

I like my new hair. But I'd like to be able to cut all the yucky bottom stuff off without taking any length away. Impossible I know, but a nice thought nonetheless. This weekend I helped my mother paint our house so we can rent it out and move in with her boyfriend. Its gunna take forever though! And than she surprised me with an offer to pay half of the cost of my prom dress, which was amazing becaue I was really stressing about costs. Also she wants to take me to Victoria and Courtney to go shopping, so it seems like the one that Geoff and I chose before has been nixed by Mom. Oh well, now it will be a real surprise, if I can keep secrets!!!

I really miss dancing. I still do it every once in awhile, but its not the same, my flexability has gone to shit, but somehow my pirrouettes are better than they ever were in class, they're effortless doubles and triples. I dont know how this game works, maybe I was tryin to hard before. But really, it seems like even with all the stuff that I do, my life is somehow less full. I think dan should wear a tiara to prom. It would somehow make him more manly (boyish good looks and charm ey dan? *clicks at you*) plus it would be very funny. But don't show your mum :P

I had a nice chat with Llowyn today. He's neat. Barbara and he are lucky to have found each other, because they are well suited. I have a surprise coming up, and I'm very excited about it. I like surprises. But I'm usually just so excited about them that if they're mine, I have trouble keeping them to myself. (I can keep other peoples secrets just fine!). Llowyn might draw me a picture. I'm so excited:) I like having things that my people make me!!! (*hint, make me stuff* Just kidding...... no I'm not)

Anyways I've missed so much school! I'm just luck I only have one academic this semester. But i have to come up with that stuff for Cinderella, and my portfolio! AGH! Death!

Currently: wistful.... yet a little manic. (I'm so crazy)
Listening to: Losing my religion - REM

6 Comments:

  • Yay for home-made stuff. And Mel, that is fanawesome about your mom and the dress cost. Prom can get ultra expensive. So yay. That's two yays. FIGHT ME!

    By Blogger barbara_mary, at January 10, 2005 10:31 PM  

  • REM yes~! cobain died while listnin to them!.. anyways.. What cool book are you reading? i need to find a h-core book to bring on my cruise 2 mex on spring break, because i tend to find tanning rather boring after a while. :). Whats your new hair look like? i think im gunna get mind done on friday if i remember to make an appointment and not spend all muh moolah on clothing and memory cards for the mp3 player. ok. well have a gooder mell!

    By Blogger Unknown, at January 10, 2005 11:35 PM  

  • I won for 'blushes easiest' *blushes*

    By Blogger JB, at January 12, 2005 3:24 PM  

  • i didnt win any of them and that pissed me off. I totally should have won best laugh. I mean, I have a crazy psycho cackle thing!

    By Blogger Brianna, at January 12, 2005 6:52 PM  

  • Mel! I miss you! Where the heck have you been? Stop being sick! You're missing some fun stuff in geography...Biomes... Whoopdee doo!

    By Blogger Kate Patrick, at January 12, 2005 9:53 PM  

  • As long as there's classic Star Trek or even TNG it's gotta be all good, come on. Remember with grade 12 academics... you get a free rewrite on all provincial exams: i.e. you can write the exam again at the next sitting, and the government picks the highest of the two marks--I did it for all mine and brought the mark up on half of them. w00t :p

    By Blogger K, at January 13, 2005 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home