Pineapple Island - Home of the Purple Penguins

Friday, May 06, 2005

Prom and my Emo-ness

I'm so emo you guys! Man oh man, Things have been.... rather difficult lately, and I'm not sure why. I've been feelin kinda lost and all my relationships with people (friends, family, futures, exes) are going to shit in a handbasket...

On the plus side Prom was a blast. I Loved my dress, and I'm sure it was more than a little extravagant, but I DONT care. Go to Laura M's Prom Page (see the links on the side) if you want to see pictures. so heres how the day went:

I couldnt sleep at ALL
Got up at 7;30 for a shower and to start my makeup
8:30 was dressed and makeup-ed
9:00 made breakfast, but didnt eat a single bite
9:30-11 Hair done
11 - went to get Geoff from Brianna's (he looked AWESOME)
11:45 - got to nicoles for her first wine and cheese!!!!! We took tons of pictures, and had an overall great time, with pineapple and sparkling beverages for all
3:00 - Went to Laura's wine and cheese, took more pictures, and enojyed ourselves thoroughly
5:00 - left for the PROM!!!!
took tons more pictures there untill the parents left
6;30 - had a average dinner, considering that 475 kids came, there was a TON of food and most of it was pretty good, but we'd been snacking at wine and cheeses all day
7;30 - Started to DANCE!!!!!!!! The dance was pretty good, I danced with most of the people I really wanted to, and there were lots of fun group dances. I LOVED some songs and HATED others, but there was a pretty good mix considering.
12:00 - went to change at brianna's
1:00 - got to Barbara's - Kinda laid back and easy-going. Not as exciting, most people had other places to go, and there wasnt a lot going on there
2:30 - got to Laura M's house for her after-party. Not anywhere near the number of people as expected but still SO much fun. I fell asleep at least three times on the way there, so I was tired on arrival, but I got to sleep at around 5:15.
However, at 6:00 we all woke up and went to Will's house for after after prom Breakfast!!!! yay! we had coffee, and croissant, and there was fruit and eggs and sausage and a bunch of other stuff. His mom and (aunt?) must have gone all out!
Geoff drove me home at around 7:30 and I fell asleep untill around 1, so I guess I got my sleep than.

The next day (sunday) we all decided to go camping, so 15 people (Me, Shane, Nolan, Dan, Jenn2, Jenn4, Nicole, Kate, Tasha, Cassie, Will, Tidey, Gareth, Brad, Ashley and others????) and all our stuff got into 2 cars and a truck and left for some "camping". We stayed at Jenn (brown)'s Property on Gabriola, and it was excellent. Dan, Jenn and Nolan saved me from a scary flirty guy with too much booze. (nolan was awesome) Unfortunatly, when we woke up, I was mushed between Shane and Tasha, and we all were wet and very cold. It warmed up fast though, and Will had brought all the leftover prom breakfast food so that was cool. I had a realy great time camping, and have put that all in as part of the prom weekend.

Its really tough to have someone that you used to date be dating someone else. Even if you dont care about them anymore (and I do) and dont want to date them (which I don't) its difficult to see them with someone who isnt you. Because they were with you once, it just follows that they'll want to be with you after, even if you conciously know that thats ridiculous. I guess just because I never get over past loves, that doesn't mean that nobody will

I'd like to leave you with some lyrics that I found from my new favourite band: Metric - Torture me

Get the rope
Tie me to the bedpost'
Cause I can't find
Within myself
The happy host
If I find
My piece of mind
Torture me
If I seem
Too serene
Torture me

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home