Pineapple Island - Home of the Purple Penguins

Sunday, May 21, 2006

California Part 3 (Gad, I've been back forever, this is just frustrating)

Ok, so Last time we left it at Friday Morning when we just got to the Campsite. After we walked all the way accross the field to our campspot and set up, Shane and I set off to explore. And by the time we got back, all the other campers for our site had gotten there! We had a newly married couple from Tokyo, Some stoner kids from New Mexico and a bunch of guys from Oregon. We never really saw the people from Tokyo, But the other ones we all partied together. Which brings me to my next point. Friday afternoon! We got pretty damn stoned and I went and slept in the shade tent after a cold shower with all my clothes on. I was still too hot to function. After my nap, We chatted awhile and then went to bed. Saturday morning I woke up SOOOO excited. I went and bought a rediculously expensive breafast, Entirely composed of a lemonade, checked my e-mail, won some headphones :D:D:D Then I went to sit over in the lineup for the show. I went to buy some waterbottles because it was already too hot to function. The doors opened at 11:00 and we all walked... or ran into this HUGE! field with 5 big stages. I ran to the one in the far corner and stood at the front of the audience for Head Automatica. They played Beating Hearts Baby, I Shot William H Macy, At the speed of a Yellow bullet, The razor... and some other ones. I got a lot of really good picures.
Next I went to a diferent outdoor stage and saw the end of the Section Quartet. They played Muse - Time is running out, some Tool, Radiohead, other stuff. thay were amazing. Next was The New Amsterdams - Crap. Then The Walkmen played. Boring, I thought. Next the Duke Spirit - I was kinda ambivilent to them. Their bass player had a broken arm though, and I'm sure I have much more respect. The show must Go On, after all :P They were pretty cool, and the girl singer was pretty good. It just wasn't my style. plus it was too hot to think. The COmmon played. he was awesome. One of the best rappers I've heard in a long time. And I liked his politics. He said some stuff about george bush. I approved :P Then we saw Kanye West, and the only thing good about that was "goldigger" haha. Next Sigur Ros played. They were amazing. But not as amazing as I had expected. I had really high expectations, and they simply were not met. Then Franz Ferdinand played and they were amazing. Just awesome. like I have no words. It was amazing. After Franz, I decided to go back to the tent so I would miss the huge rush of crowds, and plus I wasn't so interested in staying for depeche Mode or Daft Punk. BIG MISTAKE. apparently, Daft Punk was most peoples surprise highlight. I am so dissipointed I missed them. The again, I was so tired, and heat-sick, I probably wouldnt have enjoyed it the same way as others did. But I got to sleep EARLY, and felt awesome (well not as shitty as everyone else) when the sun woke us up super early the next morning.

I felt the need to buy a blended Chai the next morning ($6 american!!!!) but its the only thing someone who doesn't have a cooler at Coachella eats, other then the stale bagel Shane bought. anyways, sunday I got smart, I brought out my sarong, got the guy to dip it in ice water, and wrapped around myself :D

K, I need to go, so I'll make a part 4, all about the bands I saw on SUnday, and the way home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home