Pineapple Island - Home of the Purple Penguins

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Fiddler and where to live

So last night were the first two shows of Fidder On the Roof. The first one in the afternoon was really....... Well, the OrchExtra (the music box that makes all our dreams come true) died completely. During the first song, "tradition", all we got was a vetry faint top line and this nasty feedback. It was aweful, we did very well considering, but Mr. Anderson called an early intermission Right after "to Life" to see if we could fix the music box. For "to Life", our russian dance number, all we had was a high hat and a bass line. It was aweful. But I was really proud of the cast. even worst case scenario, they did an awesome, nearly professional job of getting through it. I felt SOOOOO bad for Darren, he was exhausted and he seemed so nervous backstage. In the second show, when he did "If I were a rich man" he pulled it opff to the EXTREME, and we were all in the lobby watching it on the screen and when he finished we all bropke into applause. Hes so adorable. I *heart* him. The second show went really well, Brianna, Barbara and STephen were in the front row, which was great, but kinda disconcerting, lol. In "to Life" I pass out right at the front of the stage, and I was literally, right in front of them..... It was hard to keep a straight face:P But yeah, the second show went much better. The bottle dance still kinda scares me, but we managed it alright and I was so proud of Amie. And the hats worked. The second time they were actually harder to get on, I had to struggle with it for a really long time, and I felt awkward, but I ended up getting it on there, and will continue to do alright with it *knock on wood* (*knocks on glenn*).

In other News, ALyssa, my old boss from fairweather, called me up and asked me if I would work for her again. shes looking for a house for me. If that doesnt work out, I'm moving in with red-head Cora, downtown somewhere. Both scenarios work for me. either way I think I'll be pretty damn pleased.

So I have to go and take a shower, I stayed over at Barbara's and Brianna's last night and am going stright to fiddler from here. love to everyone.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home