Pineapple Island - Home of the Purple Penguins

Friday, March 02, 2007

56 days 2 hours 57 minutes 20 seconds untill coachella starts at the time of that <- writing. I dont wanna go to work today, I want to stay at home eating sun chips and flat coke. I am knitting a piece of watermelon for my quilt. Its started off as a green chunk and then I ripped it all out and made it into the rind. Then I have this pink yarn with white bits in it, and that became the meat of the melon. Did you know meatloaf played bob in Fight club? Kitas mom told me that the other day, I was so surprised!!! 56 days cannot go by fast enough for me. I have given my roommates my notice for the end of may, but I am not sure where I am going to move when I come back to nanaimo. Fingers crossed something turns up, cuz I just can't live at home again!!!! specially way out in lantzville. I wanna be able to see people and do things, and get places, and even though I'll have my liscence by then, I dont want to buy a car, with car payments, gas, insurance, the inevitable breakdown, its just way too expensive. Plus this way I can add to my collection of bus passes :P Which finally came in handy hey? when they did the tax refund for them, I had them all!!!!I think for april I am only gunna get bus tickets, because We leave on what, the 20th? Somewhere around there. less then 2 months anyways. SHane is right, time is flying my right now, its crazy how much time has gone by, without even noticing it. The only kink I think we have to work out is where to put all our stuff while we're at the water park and the Knotts berry farm. I betcha I will be getting away with 1 backpack and my small purse this year, because I know how shitty it is to be carrying heavy sidebags all around. But even so, where do you put your backpack for the day? and hella how much will it cost? because we can't leave it at the hotel, I am sure check in time is quite a bit later then we are:P and we'll be taxi-ing all over the place I am sure, at least three taxis I can think of, minimum, so assume thats another hundred bucks I wasn't thinking of, plus ten dollars for a day pass for vancouver busses, 25 dollars for the ferry, and this is all assuming that I don't go back up to nanaimo within the next two months. which is brutal in and of itself. I think I am going to need to budget 250 american, plus 100 canadian to bring with me, what with all the craziness. Also I think I am going to buy some dried fruit and stuff to take with us, and that will need some cash. jusus this is an expensive trip. and this is my second day off from work. I am just a lazy bum who doesn't think about the fact that she just lost a hundred and 40 dollars, by being lazy. is it worth it? no way? did she do it anyways. yeah.

Budget and years plan (this is boring, don't even bother. I just like seeing it in black and white)

March 9
560
- 320 Rent April
-220 Shanes visit, and owe for coachella
= 20 extra for food?

March 23
630
-320 rent may
-200 coachella expense, turn into american
-40 Mastercard -> Bus Pass
- 70 mastercard-> Rogers cell phone bill
= Nothing...

April 6
640
-300 HBC card
-340 mastercard -> Rogers cell phone, supplies (food, sunscreen, a book)
= Nothing

Tax return and GST rebate
175
FOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! how glorious. Perhaps a new bathing suit as well.

April 20
700
-400 Mastercard
-25 Ferry
-10 bus in vancouver
-100 aside for taxis
= 165 cdn= about 120 american for spending money and food.

Coachella!!!!!!!!

May 4
675
- 100/any HBC Card debt
- any money I owe anybody else (besides mastercard)
- 100 get cameras developed
-100 Rogers cell phone
= Remainder set aside for moving money

May 18
675
- ALL to Mastercard

June 1
675 (assuming I am not paying rent wherever I am going. A big assumption)
-500 Mastercard
-175 to blow on whatever I want :D

I am moved back!

Arts ALive (A Funny thing happened on the way to the forum)

Mel goes to Alberta to visit people

School!!!!! yay!!!!

Choreograph Seussical!! yay for that as well!

Move to go to Uvic!

3 years at uvic!

Take a year off to travel, go to south america, and ireland and the rest of europe

One more year at Uvic!

Be a teacher!!!

And thats mels next ten year life plan. eventually I also plan to get married, but thats not really something you can set an exact timeline to. I am looking forward to being a teacher like nobodies business though.

anywho I think I am going to go make a pancake.

PS I am 10,319,360 Minutes Old. That sounds like a lot.



5 Comments:

  • Mel has too much time on her hands.

    ps: i read the budget. i wanted to see what you're spendning your moneyson

    you're only bringing 165 for food and spending?

    By Blogger Martha, at March 02, 2007 10:54 AM  

  • no, anything I bring on mastercard (that I pay off, hah) I can use too.

    By Blogger Pineapple Princess!, at March 02, 2007 11:35 AM  

  • I read the budget too...

    I am shocked your budget is allocated down to nothing! Is that because you have a credit card, and you put food expense on that? How do you eat?

    By Blogger VivaLaPinto, at March 06, 2007 10:05 AM  

  • Credit cards, the saving grace of us student age peoples, hey? I'm glad you're so excited for your trip! But make sure youe at lots of veggies and fruit... we need all of Mel to come home.

    By Blogger barbara_mary, at March 06, 2007 6:41 PM  

  • That makes you 19yrs 7mnths 21days.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 12, 2008 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home