Pineapple Island - Home of the Purple Penguins

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I get by with a little help from my friends

We do have a deal!!!!
I know you guys don't like it when I post lyrics, but this is the song I'm probably going to sing for our grad ceremonies... Let me know what you think!!! download it and check it out!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In this Diary - The Ataris

Here in this diary,
I write you visions of my summer.
It was the best I ever had.
There were choruses and sing-alongs,
And not a spoken feeling.
I’m knowing that right now is all that matters.
All the nights we stayed up talking
And listening to 80’s songs;
Quoting lines from all those movies that we love.
It still brings a smile to my face.
I guess when it comes down to it...

Being grown up isn’t half as fun as growing up:
These are the best days of our lives.
The only thing that matters
Is just following your heart
And eventually you’ll finally get it right.

Breaking into hotel swimming pools,
And wreaking havoc on our world.
Hanging out at truck stops just to pass the time.
The black top’s singing me to sleep.
Lighting fireworks in parking lots,
Illuminate the blackest nights.
Cherry cokes under this moonlight summer sky.
2015 riverside (Change to Grad '05?), it’s time to say, goodbye.
Get on the bus, it’s time to go.

Being grown up isn’t half as fun as growing up:
These are the best days of our lives.
The only thing that matters
Is just following your heart,
And eventually you’ll finally get it right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways - to go on about this weekend - On Friday we all went over to Brianna's house for her get-together, A bunch of people just didn't show up, but it was fun anyways with a smaller number of people. I brought my own Diet coke this time, so I didn't have to drink the regular sugar-high pop! wOOt! ANyways, after awhile, Geoff and Awesome Squad showed up after their show, and after we chatted for a VERY brief while, Gareth and I had to leave to go to Shane and Nick's bash. A couple of interesting things happened... Kelsey hit me, and yelled a lot (shes an angry drunk, that part wasnt so cool) I had to change my pants 3 times because they kept getting things spilled on them. A couple of people hooked up (no names mentioned here) one couple actually got together (again with the secrets :P:P:P) and a very cute, very drunk guy passed out on top of me for at least an hour. Anyways, In the morning, we all got up, and I had places to be, so J.Ro (wonderful guy that he is) drove me all the way up that long cold hill to Briannas :) I was early so we looked at magazines and had hot chocolate and stuff... Unfortunatle, when it came time to start practicing out awesome four-part arrangment of Sandman, we were missing the all inportant FOURTH PART!!! I was kinna pissed, cuz I got up early, and hungover to be there, and alleah wasn't able to make it. Of course I haven't talked to her, but I assume nothing dastardly happened. (at least I hope not). Anyways, we will be singing Blue Moon enstead and I suppose Alleah will sing a solo. On Saturday Evening (Post) after being soaked to the SKIN walking from Brianna's, I had coffee with Gareth and than went to Festival, one act pays by the acting 11/12 students. (I had to change into some things from the costume cupboard) There were several good plays, some confusing or under-performed ones and one amazing one. I am So impressed with Glenn, Megan, Fraser, and Katie from "Andrea Has Two Boyfriends". I laughed I cried, it was AMAZING. so many lines to learn too, wow megs. After the show I went to Cora's for a bit. Now thats one aweomse girl. I'd love to get to know her better! Than Jenn and her dad picked me up and I went there, for a bit. We chatted about our boys/lackthereof, and tried to watch a movie, but fell asleep. Sunday was uber-low key, we seriously just hung out and got cheap food from Kelseys.

Yesterday I got to take a class with Kirsten again, I really missed her!!! I'm looking forward to spending a considerable amount of my summer with her! ANyways, I have to go, hope this satisfies you, alleah! (And anybody else:P)

1 Comments:

  • Thank-you for the comment/compliment. It makes me feel incredible to know that...well...people...I dunno. Like my acting sometimes.

    By Blogger Megan, at June 15, 2005 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home