Pineapple Island - Home of the Purple Penguins

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Victoria and TOOL

So on Saturday I think it was, I had the day off, so I got up at 7:30 and met Jordan Davies at Bocca so that we could drive down to victoria! we stopped for gas and were on our way! we did NOT get into any accidents! almost, but not quite! Took nice turns choosing music and therefore I was shown Snow Patrol!!! awesome band, I gotta say. I met Arlen, my Victoria roommate and discovered that I had to get a second job down there to pay my expenses and save for Coachella. Jordan introduced me to a couple people he knows down there, which is kinda nice so I have some connections down there now. :) Sunday and Monday were mostly devoted to work, and errands. Hung out with Chris S. on Sunday night, watched some Gilmore Girls.

Tuesday morning I woke up BEFORE my alarm went off and got picked up by Martha just after nine. We picked up Gareth and caught the 10:00 ferry accross to see TOOL!!!! The ferry ride, the day, and the afternoon were all pleasant, full of conversation (BY EVERYONE!) We left to go to the GM place around 3, 3:15 and we did some stuff at metrotown and downtown on the way. waited FOREVER for the show to get goin. My seats were 16th row on the floor, Glenn traded me for my 33'd row seats :) I was with Rick, Chris, and Spencer. AFter the so-so first band, isis, There was a FOREVER intermission, at which time I ran up to borrow Martha's cell phone So I could call nikita cuz my phone was out of batteries and she was promised a call during SOber. The show was AMAZING. They opened with stinkfist *drool* other highlights included, SCHISM (My favourite song!), sober, the Pot (PS, there was SO much pot...), 46&2, Lateralus and they did an encore of Pushit, which was AMAZING!!!!! amazing. Just amazing. Chris lifted me up so I could see a couple times, :) cuz they wouldnt let me be standing on my chair :( and he switched me places cuz the guy in front of me was too tall... very thoughtful.

Today we woke up in a haze, missed skytrains, busses and ferries untill we got home around 5. Hopefully the ceasefire will be a permanent one. It was so familiar. and nice. I really missed him. I mean, I know it was partly for Martha and shane, which is super considerate, but... I hope it holds. it was a good thing.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home